Monday, February 21, 2011

Another 30 day challenge? Sure.....

I just finished up my last 30 day challenge.  However, it was a photo a day challenge and typically I blogged about the reason or meaning of the photo.  I came across another 30 day challenge a few weeks ago while pidding around one night.  I liked the sound of it, because while it does have a FEW pictures, it sets you up for more actual blogs than photos with captions.  So, gonna give it a try.  And will try to do better about daily posting... but... no promises... lol.

So here's the "rules"

Day 1: 5 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 2: The meaning behind your name.
Day 3: About your friends.
Day 4: About your family.
Day 5: A photo of something you really hate.
Day 6: A song that makes you cry.
Day 7: Your crush.
Day 8: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 9: Your definition of love.
Day 10: Your best friend.
Day 11: A letter to one of your exes.
Day 12: Your favorite female group.
Day 13: Your least favorite female group.
Day 14: Something you love about yourself.
Day 15: What you would if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant.
Day 16: A photo that makes you smile.
Day 17: A photo that makes you want to cry.
Day 18: A letter to someone you miss.
Day 19: A habit you wish you didn’t have.
Day 20: A letter to your parents.
Day 21: Short goals you wish to fulfill by the end of the month.
Day 22: Your nicknames & why you have them.
Day 23: What you would find in your bag.
Day 24: A song that makes you smile.
Day 25: How you found out about blogger & why you made one.
Day 26: First 10 songs to play on shuffle on your iPod.
Day 27: Your fashion style.
Day 28: What attracts you to someone.
Day 29: Future plans/goals.
Day 30: Who are you?

Sounds like some of them might cause me difficulty, and one or two might be quite similar to the last 30 day challenge.... but, what the hell.  I'll give it a go.

Day 1: 5 interesting facts about yourself.

1.  My step dad is who I consider my "dad".  I leave off the "step" part 99.9% of the time when referencing my dad.  (see..just did it).  He came into my life when I was very young and has never treated me like anything other than a father.  No matter how old I've gotten, or what kinda mess I managed to get myself in (and I'm sure he remembers more "dad" phone calls than I do...lol) he's always been there for me.  I love him very much and am thankful that when he married mom, he opened his arms, home, and heart to her bratty little kid as well.

2.  I believe all things happen for a reason.  I think each good and bad thing you go through take you to where you are now.  In the past 6 1/2 months, my believe of this has more than tripled.  Easily.  Maybe someday I'll blog on that one... but for now, I'll stick to the 30 day challenge.

3.  I am not a spontaneous person (despite the recent travel to the other side of the world thing).  I am a planner.  Spontaneous for me is planning dinner last minute...that will occur tomorrow.... lol.  Working on that, but the planner in me still is requesting all my spontaneous events be submitted a week or so in advance so the pros and cons can be weighed and a decision can be made.  Ah.. I *am* my own worst enemy I believe.

4. I use to be able to play the piano by ear.  I even took a piano class in high school my Junior year for an easy A, and never admitted that I couldn't read a lick of music.  I thought that with my ability to play by ear, I could easily learn to read music and become a really good piano player.  Um.  Wrong.  My mind just took off with what the music should sound like, and that was it.  I just had to remember to turn the page when the instructor was grading us.  Still lucked out with the easy "A" as planned, but learned nothing about reading music.  Not too long ago at my mom's, I lifted up the piano case and thought I'd play a tune.  Wellll.. that didn't work out too well.  Sounded like a 2 yr old just banging away on the notes.  Oh well.  At least I can say at one part of my life, I had a musical ability???  Unless my Karaoke career works out that is.  haha.

5. I frequently have nightmares.  As a kid I could watch "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Halloween" etc, etc.  They didn't scare me at the time, and never caused me to have bad dreams.  However once I approached my early 20's, I started having more and more nightmares.  Sometimes they are crazy, unrealistic dreams.  Sometimes they are extremely realistic and can cause me to shake in fear for up to an hour after waking up.  I've shouted/cried out in my sleep many times (and mostly in an attempt to wake myself up).  I really don't know what the heck has caused this to occur for about 10 years now, but it could stop tomorrow and I'd be happy.  Perhaps that's something I can google one day when I need something to pass a little time online?

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment