Friday, February 18, 2011

30 day challenge / day 30

Wow.  I'm finally on day 30... 40 something days later? lol

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss......

This one is a hard one, because I miss so many people.  Actually last night I had my first breakdown/crying/homesick episode.  Totally normal and to be expected.  And I'm certain the bourbon and wine had NOTHING to do with it...lol.  We had dinner with the family, and Wayne's nephews are adorable and for some reason crazy about me.  I'm not sure why, but for some reason this made me think of my niece.  Although she's not young like the boys (and wouldn't probably appreciate hugs/kisses/tickles at the age of almost 17, compared to a almost 4 yr old and 18 month old) it just for some reason made me really miss her.  She's going through a lot at home...about to graduate high school... all the basic stress and drama of being 17 basically.  So, anyways, once we got home the waterworks began.  At around midnight or a little (I think it was) we ended up going to the beach.  It was what I needed.  There is something very soothing to me about the beach at night time.  Perhaps maybe not if you grew up with an ocean... but hey, Kentucky is about 10 hrs from the closest beach (and boonesboro beach doesn't count....lol).  And for some reason, it made me feel closer to home.  It was as if my mind thought, "everyone is right over there" as I looked out to the horizon.  Does that make any sense?  Probably not, because since when does anything I do make sense? lol.

Today was better.  Woke up to find an email from my niece who seemed to be in a good mood.  I wanted to call her, but with the time difference, I figured that she was in bed or headed there very soon.  So, ended up going over to Aideen's and playing with the twins.  Aideen is Wayne's cousin's wife from Ireland.  She has been in the long distance relationship and then moved to Australia, so being able to talk to someone who has "been there and done that" has been wonderful.  Not just now, but when Wayne and I were dealing with the miles and time apart.  Again, she had been there, done that.   Her advice has been wonderful, her company has been great, and her friendship has been fantastic.  Anyways it was nice to have a good girl chat today, and I am feeling better.  We are headed there tonight for dinner, but it was nice to have just girl to girl chat time without the men.  You know how women are.  lol.  

I knew this would be hard, and I knew that some days would be easier and better than others.  I accept that.  In our situation, we can't have his family/my family/friends and us all together at the same place at the same time.  Regardless of our location, there is still gonna be someone..ok, several people that we miss.  I cried everyday that Wayne and I were apart, basically.  I cried after I left Australia in November because I missed his family and the kids.  It's just an aspect of this relationship that there is just no way around.  The important part is that we are together and can help each other out when the missing becomes an estrogen teary mess.  As I've been told, nothing worth having comes easy.  

Also got an email regarding some paperwork from my previous job, so hopefully can get my application for my nursing license lodged soon.  I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to going to work.  I think it will help me feel productive, I'll feel like I'm able to contribute more, and it'll help me to meet new people and make some friends.  I know it will be very overwhelming at first, but that too is expected.  

And I haven't gone to the "wrong" side of the car in a week now I think it is.  Success!  Nothing makes you feel more retarded than opening up the passenger door and realizing you aren't in Kansas anymore...lol.

Ok, so back to the 30 day challenge.

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss


 My niece Erin nearly 3 yrs ago on girls night out in Vegas.  We had a blast.  :)

My how she's grown... here she is a few weeks ago....


No comments:

Post a Comment