Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
My friends mean the world to me. I am blessed with such a wonderful group of people that I am honored to call my friends. And now, although I don't get to physically see them, we are all still there for each other. Thankfully modern technology helps. So for today's challenge, I found the above picture....perfect.
Update:
First off, it has been brought to my attention by a certain someone *cough*wayne*cough* that I have failed on the 30 day challenge. In my defense, I literally skipped Feb 3, as in was on a plane, crossed international date line...loaded the plane on Wed... deboarded the plane on Friday. Impossible to blog then. Yeah, yeah.. that's one day..what about the rest, right? Sigh. Internet has been a real pain in the you know what dropping. A couple days after getting here I came down with a flu bug for a couple days, and the last 2 days have been spent out and about with some family, so....well, just a lot of factors. HOWEVER, I don't believe the rules on the 30 day challenge stated the posts had to be consecutive days? Yeah... I'll go with that.
So, after long hours of travel, including a 12...yes 12 hour layover in LA, I arrived in Australia. It's the middle of summer here. Very warm... and gorgeous. Spent the day yesterday with Wayne's brother and kiddo's at the beach and then the pool. Awesome day.
And I did manage to burn the front, sides, AND back of my neck. It takes a very special level of stupid to accomplish this. As they say, go big or go home, right? haha.
As far as the distance goes, I miss my family and I miss my friends, but am happy. Not being able to have conversations without the Internet dropping has certainly not helped with me missing them, but hopefully that will be fixed soon. It's crazy that 2 weeks ago I was griping about the weather, the distance between me and Wayne, etc...and now, I see him every morning, and every night (except when he is away with work) and it's the middle of summer. Blue skies, 90'ish temps, nice breeze.... rarely a cloud in the sky... My...My... My how things change. I also got a laugh when I looked at my calender while eating at my favorite Asian restaurant here (so far). This week was going to be a busy week. Every day had something work related posted on it. "EKG Test" "Preceptor Class" "work" "overtime" etc,etc. Looks like no matter how much you plan things, life has a way of taking control sometimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment