Even though it's almost over! I figured it was time for an update. :)
Work - Has been....crazy, busy, etc. Some nights I'm lucky to have a bathroom break it seems, much less a dinner break. Don't worry, I'm *far* from wasting away, and could actually probably benefit from skipping a few meals...lol.. I've been working 48-60 hrs/week the last few weeks, which is exhausting, but not sure it's more exhausting than a regular week...actually?
I quit throwing darts on a league basis, only because it's hard to adjust my work schedule around dart league...and add the fact that I have season UK football tickets...well, it's just too much to try to accomplish on a realistic basis. I also, haven't been going out much on my nights off, which has helped me not feel totally worn out, I must say. I miss seeing some my friends, but trying to watch finances, and with the World Equestrian Games being held in Lexington, there are too many people in this town, and cops are out on super trooper duty... and I've enjoyed chatting with a certain someone ;) So, I think I've been "out"...twice in the month of September so far? It's been a nice change of pace. Plus my laundry itself is nearly a full time job??? lol.
The countdown update to my trip to Australia is down to four weeks. I cannot believe it. One on hand it feels like yesterday since I've seen him..on the other, it seems like years. Thank god for email/chat/skype.... I can. not. wait. It's all been great though, except the miles. What is even more reassuring, is we have the same fears on everything. No doubts or questions on either side, which is even more reassuring. Especially for me... I'm the one who will question everything in her life. I'm also known for building walls. When I see a situation that is gonna be difficult, or end in heartache (this situation it's the first example..not the second)... I tend to build a wall. However, I was informed that I could build any walls I wanted, but they would be "happily torn down". And since the first couple walls came smashing down, I guess that wall-builder in me just chilled. I realize that no matter how high the wall is, this is the *one*...and he has no problem climbing the wall and tearing it down quickly...so no sense in building it?
I did find something interesting... I was looking at some websites this morning on suggestions for packing for international trips... what to make sure you have in your carry on, etc. So. The website gets to the things you should NOT pack for your carry on..... Starts with certain amounts of liquids, etc... things that are obvious, but nice to refresh on things that the airlines frown upon (esp for those of us...cough, cough...me...who aren't frequent fliers). All of a sudden, I read the words "sporting bats". Seriously? Are there really enough people trying to smuggle Louisville Sluggers in their carry on that this website felt the NEED to bring this up? Yeah......
And it's now past midnight...so the count down is down to 27 days........
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment