Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Enjoying the night off.

The greatest thing about working night shift, is that when you are off it's QUIET.  Crickets are currently chirping, stars are shining....  everyone in the apartment complex is asleep...  it's nice.  Much different than the hustle and bustle involved in the day.  And going to the grocery at 3am?  Yeah, it's awesome.  Can't say my mom is terribly happy when she hears about it.  And I can't say it's the SAFEST thing to do.  But, I am always safe and aware of my surroundings.  And have you ever crossed me on a cranky day?  Yeah, I am not worried... lmao.

The worst part is feeling isolated.  I wanted to call my mom tonight, and before I realized it, it was after 11 and I know she'd kill me if I just called to chat at this time of night.  But, it's a sacrifice for the night time shift diff, less stressful working environment, working with some AWESOME coworkers, and the ability to have even more communication with my Aussie.  I've been on nights for a year now.. the first six months were pretty smooth...then it became very exhausting, although I think it was a combination of work and personal life that just kept me exhausted in general.  Now my body seems to be doing ok with it.  So, got that going.

Work the last two weeks has been decent.  Seriously, knock on MAJOR wood.  For about 6 weeks prior work load had been heavy and overwhelming.  I guess like everything else it comes and goes like the tide.

Nothing else "new" to report.  The countdown is now down to 6 weeks... I leave for Oz in 6 weeks from today.  Will be gone three weeks.  I've never been on this long of a vacation, I won't know how to act!

Can.  Not.  Wait.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I just found my way to this site and I have to say wow, so much has happened since we last saw each other! I tried to email you but it came back. Email me when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete