Wednesday, October 5, 2011

30 day challenge; day 23.

Day 23 - 15 facts about you.


1.  I have 2 college degrees..both in health care.  First was in 1999.  Second was 10 years later in 2009.  I am so proud of myself for these, esp my nursing (2009) because it has really opened the door on a lot of opportunities... especially with my journey to Australia!

2.  I graduated high school when I was 17, moved out and started college when I was 17.  Not because I was a smart kid but because my birthday fell late August, so I was always a year behind in age from my peers.  Growing up everyone always thought I seemed more mature than my age.  I always thought that was why, however, truthfully people probably just didn't spend enough time with me to know exactly how IMMATURE I really am.  Seriously.

3.  At some point in my life I have played the following instruments: drums, guitar, piano, and flute.

4.  I love taking pictures, and wish that I actually took more time out.  There are times I see something (today for example, a ton of Black Swans at the lake!) and wish I had 1.) my camera with me and 2.) time to stop and enjoy the scenery.

5.  I LOVE football.  I use to be a season UK football ticket holder, and have proudly stormed the field after a huge win.  I love NFL and this year am a Packers fan, since my beloved Randall Cobb (former UK star) was recruited.  I'm sooo happy to get to watch some live games here..even though it has meant being up at the ass crack of dawn... but always worth it.

6.  I am a HUGE lover of quotes and lyrics.  This is probably known by you if you are either a reader of my blog, a close friend, or on my facebook. 

7.  At the moment I have not 1.. not 2.. not 3... but FOUR part time jobs while I await for my Australia Nursing License.  I have reached the point where I HAVE to keep a calender with me to know what day it is, and where in the world I am suppose to be when.  So far I'm really enjoying them all.  And having four jobs gives a lot of flexibility..more than you would think, actually.  And a lot of chances to meet new people and experience new things.  Oh, and that whole making money thing is a plus! lol

8.  I am 5'8''.  Growing up I either wanted to be really tall, or really short.  I'm quite happy with my height as an adult though.  Whoa, did I really just admit I was happy regarding something related to my body?? Holy crap. 

9.  One of my favorite things in the entire world is a massage.  (AND next week I will be getting one that my honey got me for my birthday. CANT WAIT!!)

10.  My internal thermometer is broken.  I am either hot or cold.  It's quite annoying.  In the winter, I can put on as many layers until I'm warm.  HOWEVER.. when I'm hot..there is only so much a girl can take off..especially in public!! Well, at least LEGALLY. lol.

11.  My favorite tv shows are Friends and Sex in the City (they both tie for first).  Someday I'd like to get the entire series of both of these on DVD.  Of course, this will probably be when I can either A.) Find them on a killer deal, or B.) When we hit the lottery.  However, I'm lucky they have remained popular because they can be found on tv everyday basically.  And I can usually pick the episode (esp Friends) quite quickly.  My guilty pleasures!

12.  If I like a movie, I will watch it over and over and over and over... ANDDDD over.  Seriously, it's pathetic.  I can basically quote my favorite movies line for line.  I've always done this and it drove my parents CRAZY. 

13.  I love my friends like family, and would do anything for them..including help them hide the bodies.  No I'm just kidding... but seriously I would (hahaha).  However, in the past 8 months or so I've learned to acknowledge the difference between a "friend" and a TRUE friend.  As I saw posted on FB the other day (here I go with a quote!!)  "Lots of your friends want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."  And during the times of my break downs this year, my TRUE friends have had my back and rode the (short) bus with me!  Puts a lot of things in perspective.

14.  I handle most things with humor and sarcasm.  Always have.  Sometimes people don't get my sense of humor.  Luckily for me, those important people in my life not only get it, but share the twistedness as well.  Sometimes makes it hard to be serious, but luckily I also know how to flip the serious/sarcastic/funny switch when I need to.  Well, MOST of the time.  However, the other night I made Wayne laugh while drinking water, and he nearly chocked to death.... for some reason, the funny switch didn't get flipped to off.  I guess as a nurse I could see he wasn't actually chocking or turning blue, so I knew he was a champ and would pull through.... yeah.. we'll go with that???  :)  (love you babe! lol)

15.  I can have a short fuse.  And not necessarily an angry fuse.  I can stress out really quickly.. like at the drop of a hat.  I am quick to over analyze and assume the worst.  If I'm tired/wore out, I can go from happy to a tad crabby quite quickly.  Ok..sometimes it's more than a "tad" crabby, but we'll go with "tad" for now.  At the same time, the short "fuse" goes the other way as well... I can get really excited really quickly.  If something has a "chance" of working out and is something that either I want or that would be a good thing (a job, for example) I am overly excited.  This can sometimes lead to unnecessary let down though.  Sometimes if I hadn't gotten sooo excited, when it failed or backfired, I wouldn't be as upset if I hadn't gotten my hopes so high.  So, the "fuse" is a catch 22... but, it is who I am.  Can try to chill out on somethings, but at the end of the day, some things are hard to change.

There ya go.  I originally thought "oh, 15 things..that's easy".. and perhaps if I wasn't tired it would have been..but it's kinda hard to think of 15 things at once?  I challenge you to do this post..even if you aren't doing the 30 day challenge... and let me know if you do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment