Friday, September 9, 2011

30 day challenge, day 3

Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date.

Hmm... I think this is a difficult one to answer (and luckily one I don't ever have to experience again, thank you Jesus!).  I think movies and loud concerts are horrible first dates.  A first date is an opportunity to see if there is compatibility that could lead to a second date.  Sitting staring at a big screen or screaming along to some music, just doesn't give that opportunity, in my opinion.  I think a good first date is something fun and interactive to get to see each other during a fun situation (such as bowling, pool, etc) followed by dinner in an environment that you can talk and get to know each other better.  Communication is key to any relationship, whether it's the first date or the millionth date (as we have learned over time). 

I will take this opportunity to blog about the worst. first. date. ever.  Just cause I'm in the mood to blog while watching some football (which by the way, football at 9am just seems wrong, but GO PACKERS, and GO RANDALL!)

Ok...

Dinner and a movie.  Totally against the above right?  But I didn't get the chance to chose what we did, was just asked if I would go to dinner and a movie.  This guy wasn't my type, but I decided, what the heck.  He DID let me pick the movie after all. (which is a brave thing for a guy to do when there are like 15 new chick flicks out).  So, I went with Toy Story 3.  Yes, totally a kid movie, but hey, I love the series (and this was the BEST of the 3, in case you haven't seen it!).  A few times into the movie, he'd lean over and say "is something wrong?"  "no, why?"  "you are quiet"  (umm, yeah dude.. I'm watching the movie..remember the opening commercial that said "keep personal chats to a minimum"?) "yeah, just watching".  At one point, something funny happened and as I laugh, he reaches over and says to me "ahhh..you are gonna make an amazing mom". 

Wait.  WHAT????

So...we've gone from first date and now we are talking about children???  What f''d up time warp is this?

I just pretend I didn't hear.  Afterall we are in a theater with surround sound and surely he didn't see the look on my face that I'm sure was there.  Ahh yes, that'd be the "are you f'in serious???" look.  Surely it wasn't *that* obvious? 

To top it off in the, ehh... 100 minutes (or so) of the movie, he made 3 or 4 bathroom breaks, bought popcorn, a soda, and candy... he left the movie a total of 7 times or so.  Perhaps that was because of the conversation we would have at dinner?????

So, fast forward to dinner.  The dude had told me he was divorced when I first met him, and we met a few months before I agreed to a date.  I had literally just separated from the ex when we first met and was completely in my man hater stage (ha!).  Not long after my divorce was final, I ran into him again and that's when he asked me out on a date. A time gap of, oh...3 months? Anyways.... the entire dinner conversation he turned into how his "ex wife" screwed him over, all the stuff he bought her, how much money he made, the type of things he owned, how much money he had in the bank account...yada, yada, yada... basically thinking I was *that* girl that was into material things and such.. or that I cared about his "ex wife". 

Then went onto say that he recently got a transfer with work because someone tried to poison him.   (Although when he said it I have to admit that the first thing that crossed my mind was, "shocker").  I asked him what it was that they tried to kill him with,  (ya know...just in case I ever needed to know that information) he said "Saline".   "How much saline" (just to clarify...because a LARGE amount CAN do damage)  "About a teaspoon full".  (oh dear lord baby Jesus).  So, I dont' tell him that THAT small amount of saline won't kill him, just let him think that he survived a horrific event (just as surely I would survive this horrific date???? Although I had my doubts). 

So, Mr. Talksalot continues on the ex.  So, thinking he obviously had a lot of issues with the divorce to be discussing it so heavily on a first date, I said "so, how long have you been divorced?"  *crickets*  "Oh, we are still married, just not divorced yet"  Me thinking about how long the legal process is, asked "so just waiting for it to be finalized?"  "Oh, no.  We haven't filed anything."  "Umm.. so you are still married?  Because you said you were divorced when we first met?"  "Oh, well, I mean, you might as well say we are divorced".

Umm.. yeah.  And THIS my friends, is why I always met people at the venue for the first date.

 
And the scary part is.... people like this are allowed to reproduce...




I do not miss being single, my friends.  Not. at. all.

No comments:

Post a Comment