Coconut chilli and lemon Myrtle chicken with noodles. (the picture seen is from a couple weeks ago when I made it with rice). The flavor of this is soooo nice. This was last night's dinner, so today's lunch was heated up left overs. :)
I had a late lunch today..... why you ask??? Because somebody.. (ummm... me) didn't realize that today was the day we were due to have the power cut off from 8am-3pm. Even though the notice is plastered right up on the fridge to remind me. (smh). So, I woke up at around 8:40, looked over and the alarm clock is blank. I instantly start thinking that there is something wrong with the cord/outlet/alarm and try to fix it. I knew the time from my iphone, but couldn't understand why the clock wouldn't work. I admit defeat and got out of bed to go to the bathroom.... light switch turned on, yet, no light. This is where the light in my head goes off and I remembered today is power free day in the Yank/Aussie household. So here is my attempts and FAILS for the day.... which I still blame on feeling like crap.
Thought one. I'll take a shower!! Realized, electric hot water heater... so shower = fail.
Well, I can do some laundry and get it hung out since it's gonna be a nice day! Realized, unless I wanna wash them by HAND, the no power means no washer.
Hmmm.. I have some emails to send, and my laptop is charged!! SWEET!! NOOOOO.. FAIL!! No modem = no Internet.
I swear, it's a wonder I have actually lived this long, without my stupidity killing me.....
So, feeling bad still I figured that since there wasn't much to do, going back to bed and restarting the day seemed like the most logical answer; esp since I'm still under the weather. And luckily the power came on 3 hours earlier than the notice stated and came back on at Noon. Perfect timing for the couch, leftovers, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Wayne will be home in a couple hours. Yah!! And hopefully this bug will leave by the weekend!!
Until next time....

No comments:
Post a Comment