Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A non-30 day post?

As Joe Dirt would say.. waahhhaaaattt??

HaHA.

I must say, I've somewhat enjoyed the 30 day challenge.  It's made me think...which doesn't happen often! (not a word!).... that other than the challenge, I don't post much outside the 30 day anymore.  In fact, I don't think I've posted at all since I started.....  however, I have found another 30 day challenge to do when this one is up?  And yes, I have had to be reminded a few times that I was behind on updating this one (thanks, babe! lol)... but, at least adds some interest to my blog? Yes?  hahaha.

So, work... eh.. it's work.  No changes.  Been there over 18 months now.  CRAZY!!! 

Love... it's great.  Was lucky enough to spend the holidays with my aussie love.  Can't lie...while I loved being with him, did hit a small bump in the road.  But am happy to say it was just a bump.  If anything, brought us closer.  God I love him...even when he makes me mad...which, is honestly not often!!!  I'm guessing I cause him more frustration and anger... but I did warn him?? haha.  I do love him....very much.... lots of details in the works right now...  I mean, you don't start a relationship with a man 11K miles away without realizing there is gonna be stuff to work out.  But if it's right... it's right.  The rest are just details. 

Had an awesome time with Wayne.  White christmas, sledding, snow ball fights... hockey game with Amber and her hubby up in Indy..... a week of racing in Tulsa (well, thanks to my love I spent one night at the hotel watching chick flicks and hanging at the bar...)...... His first ever white christmas.  Our first new years eve together...invaded a hot tub at 2am in the middle of a drizzling rain..just the two of us.... lord the memories we made that we we hopefully never forget..

And if we do..there is always a blog to remind us.  ;)

From Tulsa...we flew together to Dallas.  Mr travel man "never sleeps on planes"...and within an instant, he was sound asleep.  I took this moment to lay on his shoulder as he laid his head on mine.  I didn't sleep.  Instead I embraced the last moment that we would spent together until April (or sooner).  I can still hear him breathing.......breathing in...breathing out.... each second of that hour'ish flight, I embraced.  He.  Was.  Out.  And I loved it..... until I realized it was almost over.  Time to land in Dallas.

Have you been to DFW airport?  Yeah.  It's MASSIVE.  I had a nearly 3 hr layover...he had a 55 min layover.  We loaded up on the tram to get to his gate.  The whole way, it felt surreal.  Like the fact that he was within inches from me... kissing my forehead..holding my hand...surely this was never gonna end?  Right?  Wrong.  Once we got there, we could have a seat, and hug, and talk.  Right?  Wrong.  As SOON as we get to the terminal, they are boarding.  All along, I had been the "man" of steel...even that morning as he lay in tears in our hotel in Tulsa.. I was ok.  We still had several more hours together..so no need to be upset yet.. right?  Wrong.  Totally wrong.  It was now time to part.  I watched him check in to the terminal, in tears.  And as he approached the doors to walk onto that plane, he looked backed, in tears..and waved.  I watched him walk down the platform.  All the way to the curve...the point in which I could no longer see my love. 

And yes, I know that we are in the process of making the miles a temporary thing, but for now, it's part of "us".  I love him...and I hate the miles.  Can't wait until we can lay in bed everynight and laugh about the misery involved with our separation.. until then, I curse the miles.

It's so exciting..the whole thing.  Tonight I've been reading back over my first blog ever (which is now gone..except to me...hehe) and it felt so good to read some of his posts on my blogs.  It's crazy...sometimes love catches us when we least expect it.  Not complaining at all...who would've known... my best friend would become my partner in life.  I love it.  I love him.  I love it all...even the miles (kinda....lol).

Ok, so there is your update.. cause I know all my followers are just DYING to know what's up with me..haha.  Hope this finds everyone doing well, staying warm, and finding love......  as I type this it is hailing and we are expecting snow.... like 5-6''.   WAYNE. You asked for this...get back here and enjoy would'ya???  ;)

Good night blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment