Friday, January 14, 2011

30 day challenge / day 4

Day 04 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.

September 11, 2001.  No American who was alive will ever forget where they were on this day.  I personally was at work at a Dermatology office.  News of the first plane came to our office.  At this time the news was reporting "fog" as a factor.  We all headed to the break room to see the news reports our self.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure that we found a breaking point in our work... I think we all just looked at each other confused and headed to the T.V.  There we all stood... about 10 of us or so, in a small room watching the live news reports on a small tv.  We are all looking at the tv and stating "Fog?  It looks clear as can be!"  At this point, terrorism wasn't on our mind, we were just confused on what was happening.  We *are* America.. we are safe.. right?  As I mentioned we were watching Live news coverage.  All of a sudden, at exactly 9:03 am, we watched as the second plane flew into the second tower.  Everyone gasped....and then silence.  Both in the office, and by the media.  Shock, fear, and sadness struck our country.  At that exact moment, there was no doubt that this was not an act of fog or poor air traffic control.  Our country, the land of the free...the home of the brave... had been attacked.  Through the day, we continued business as close to normal... but still taking many breaks to see the updates on news.  We received word that the pentagon had been hit as well.  At 9:59, Tower 2 fell to the ground.  Tower 1 fell shortly after at 10:28.  The views from the media that we saw live and that was recapped, and actually still is recapped are sketched in my memory forever.  This is definitely an event I wish I could forget.. and I wish had never happened.  I'm actually teary eyed just recalling such a tragic day for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment