Day 8: Something you hate about yourself.
Once I had my own place after my divorce, I found the "obsessions" I had (other than my beloved, Keith of course) I could go forward with. If I wanted everything to have it's place, then by god, I could. If I wanted the house to always be neat and tidy and walk in from work ~ and typically a stressful night to a neat and tidy home that had everything put away, and everything in its place, then by god I COULD. And I did. I think most nurses, by pure nature, are tidy creatures. By all means, we almost have to be. Do you want your nurse to come to you with a crash cart (god forbid) that she has no clue where anything is? I'm hoping the answer is no. If not...be careful what you wish for.
When I was alone, and my self diagnosed "OCD" became worse..who cared? Now that I'm living with someone, I hate it... and I'm sure he does as well. I hate feeling that everything needs to have a place and that the things that DO have a place, should be there. I almost can't even sit through an hour reality TV show without thinking about the dishes that need to be put away, the clothes that need to be hung..and the lettuce in the fridge that needs to be cleaned. I could go on and on (trust me, my mind is racing as I type this). And perhaps it's because I'm currently NOT working and actually have the energy to think about these things and actually DO these things. Perhaps I am, once again, my own worst enemy? Siggghhhhh. Who knows.
Ok. There's the challenge. Let's move on, shall we?
Today was a great day. Spent the afternoon with Wayne. We had lunch at my favorite Asian spot, went to the beach, went and did grocery shopping, came home...then hit the pool before coming in to watch our (ok... my) favorite reality show. It doesn't take much to become my "favorite" reality show. Why? Because, I am NOT a fan of reality TV. Apparently though...when you are in Australia (and only have about 10 channels to chose from) you quite quickly become a reality TV junkie. However "My Kitchen Rules" is really a good show. I think I will try some recipes at some point. God knows I need some help in the kitchen department considering I've relied on pizzahut.com for the past 12'ish months. Cooking for 2 people is nothing. Cooking for one person is...well... honestly too much work, and I couldn't be bothered.
Tonight was Nurse Jackie Night. Woohoo. And now, it's a little after midnight, and I've just discovered "Mercy" is on. As much as I bitch about it, I think that I really love being a nurse. And I've never been more excited to start working. Once the license and Visa and paperwork are all through, of course. I should be able to complete the applications SOON. And, the sooner the better. Even if Wayne were to tell me tomorrow that I wouldn't have to work.. I still would. Until "roo's" (as Heather calls our future children..lol) are in the picture, I just can't see myself being the girl who doesn't work. I've worked for the past 14 and a half years. So while most people tell me how jealous they are they at the moment I'm not working, I actually have never felt more unproductive in my life. I'm also looking forward to the chances that work will allow me to meet new people. God knows that nurses and other nurses are great friends.. We love griping to each other about our days. And to be honest, nobody understands another nurse...quite like another nurse.
Well, I guess I'm off to finish the night and this episode of Mercy. Love to all..
I can totally relate! My OCD went into full affect after my divorce as well. My house, my rules, my way. Well then I met see and had a boat load of kids and a refusal to tone it down. I drive everyone mad but when they need to find something, I can always tell them where it is!
ReplyDeleteDef a catch 22!! When I had my apartment, almost everything was organized, except one drawer....that was my messy spot. It's like on Friends with Monica's closet (if you've seen that episode..lol)
ReplyDelete