It's been a full MONTH since I have last posted. My has life been super busy!! I have quite a few things to report!!!!!
I won't go into the full details here.. and chances are if you are one of my friends I talk to on a regular basis, you already know the behind the scenes story..... however my boss quit in the past month. She actually walked out one day angry. This left me to oversee things while they sorted things out with her (unsure if she would return or not). I guess I should also just tell you that here in Australia, the employees have all the rights. Totally different than America. So anyways, here I was without warning having to step up to the plate and prove myself. After all, I have for years wanted to move into management, and this was my chance to prove to them, as well as myself, that I could do the job... and do it well. About 2 weeks ago, my boss made it official and resigned. I was asked to continue to "fill in" in her absence. I had done the "smart" thing about 2 weeks prior to her walking out and starting expressing concerns that I had.
So, anyways, one week ago I was officially promoted to Practice Manager and Nurse coordinator and given a nice little pay rise. I am so thrilled. Today I conducted interviews and have hired a part time nurse to add to our nursing team to allow me to focus on management more than I am able to working full time as a nurse. Starting soon I will also not be working weekends and only Monday-Friday. As a nurse, I can't even begin to tell you how THRILLED this makes me!!! And the pay rise also makes me happy. I started at this job 9 months ago. It originally was going to be a part time, 2 day a week job. Within a week, I was offered full time. Within a month they agreed to sponsor me. Now at 9 months, I have gone up nearly 27% in pay and am the boss with a Mon-Fri job. Life is good!
Australia has certainly been the best thing I have ever done. I am at the highest salary I have ever had, am in the highest position I have ever held, and am happier in my career than I have EVER been. I am also the happiest I have ever been. Sure there are times I am a total crab (lol.. hey, I am a woman after all). But it seems like everything in my life has just all come together at the same time. I am at peace with a lot of things from my past, I am at peace with myself, and just feel I am the happiest I have ever been. I have quit drinking and have decided to attempt to become healthier. I am basically trying to be the best ME I can be. Plain and simple.
Well, that is all I have for now... hope everyone is doing well!!!!!! Until next time...
Definitely LOVE it!!! RN's make good money. So excited you can top that in management! Hopefully the stress is not as bad. I know w/ money comes excess stress. Chill with it:)
ReplyDelete