Make it stop!! lol
Sigh. I had a four day weekend this weekend, although that was mostly due to the fact that we had Wayne's grandma funeral. It all went well. Drama free (which happens when you are with a normal and wonderful family!) and it was really a beautiful service. I was glad to be able to be there for Wayne, and I was glad that I was able to meet his grandmother prior to her passing...although it was after her stroke, I still am glad I went to the hospital that night to meet her prior to her passing. She lead a tough life, and for that was an extremely tough woman. She was loved by her family and ya know, at the end of the day, that's all we can ask for isn't it?
The funeral did bring a little bit of "reality" to me.... the fact that I'm living so far away from my family and that death is a part of life, is something I can't ignore... I can delay thinking about it, but it's still there. My mom has already expressed an interest in discussing their death wishes when we go to America. And while the adult in me understands that this is necessary, the kid in me thinks, nah..you'll be around forever. Sigh.. if only that were true. But, again..part of life.
Today we've had STRONG storms. On Thursday a TORNADO hit the suburb I work in!!! (side note: I was told "Perth doesn't get tornado's" before moving here). And, they don't. This is VERY rare. And the pictures and videos don't look like a Tornado... just a big strong breeze to be honest. However, I was super glad NOT to be at work. Today the winds have been HORRENDOUS!!! CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE! As I type, the winds are howling and the rain is pouring.... not a bad way to spend a night in, though.
Over the weekend we put together our new IKEA dresser (only took 7 hrs!! lol) and today I bought a tv for the bedroom. It's transforming the bedroom from a bachelor pad to an actual couples bedroom (esp with my nice blue and chocolate comforter and pillows from the states....hehehehe.... ). It looks great. Oh, don't forget the chocolate curtains. Man, I so wish I had taken pictures before and after. It looks great though! I'm sure if Wayne reads this, THIS is where he will be rolling his eyes..lol. "what's the purpose of these pillows???" is the question of the week! haha.
Wayne is off to the East coast for work (again.....) so tonight has been dinner with his folks, a chat with the boy, and organizing of closets and such. I find it sad that I get excited when I have the house to myself...and what do I do??? Clean and organize!! LOL. Paaaaathetic. Oh well. Time ain't gonna waste itself! At least tonight I get to snuggle into an empty bed (okay... take UP said bed) and watch trashy Sunday night TV before starting the lonnnnnggggg week.
I am ending tonight with a quote from a movie. Recently I've talked to a few people who don't seem to realize that while I do live in Australia... I do experience life.... pain.... heartache.....WINTER! lol. It's a great movie, The Descendants (George Clooney)...... this says it all really......
"My friends on the mainland think just because I leave in Hawaii, I live in paradise, like a permanent vacation.
We're all just out here, sipping Mai Tais, shaking our hips, catching waves.
Are they insane? Do they think we are immune to life?
How can they possibly think our families are less screwed up,
our cancers less fatal, our heartache less painful?"
No comments:
Post a Comment