Yesterday was great... went to a night time AFL game. Certainly not the same as my beloved American gridiron, but still a LOT of fun!!! Certainly no happy camp, all day tailgating, etc... sometimes I wonder why Aussie's haven't adopted the tailgate experience? Everything here involves alcohol and fun... so tailgating to me seems pretty standard! lol.
Anyways, today I've woken up with a sore throat, right ear is TOTALLY clogged, and I feel overall yucky! It IS Winter here. It's cold. And it feels very strange to be this cold in June, nearly July. I keep thinking that Thanksgiving MUST be right around the corner, right? Wrong. Anyways, I think part of it is moving countries my immune system is much more crappier than it use to be. I'm sure allll the bugs I've become immune to over the years are different here.. so, welcome to life down under, I reckon.
In addition to feeling like crap, I woke up with some "female" problems this morning (andddd... every male reader just closed the window!! lol.. dont' worry, no details!) However it couldn't have mentally come at a worse time. Last night I had a very vivid dream that we had a baby. I remember so much of the dream, even the sex (girl) and name. It felt so real that when I woke up, it almost felt in a strange way that I had lost a child. That's the problem with my vivid dreams, they seem so real. Not that we are trying to have a baby, and yes, we ARE using birth control... I guess I'm just approaching the age where one of the things I want most in this WORLD is for us to start a family. I just can't wait. I hate to admit it but sometimes I feel so jealous when people post pictures of their ultrasounds and such.. of course I'm happy for them, but still sometimes a little jealous. If someone gave me the option between my bucket list and a family, the family would be my choice. I guess a family has become my bucket list, to be honest. I just sometimes worry about the "what ifs". Even though us even starting to attempt a family is at least a year off... I think it's just the age, and that whole biological clock thingy. Anyways, enough about that........ for now.
In 31 days we leave for America. I'm excited, and nervous, all at the same time. I'm very happy to see my friends and family. Wayne and I are planning our to do list, and some of those include some theme parks, beaches, drives (west coast in Cali or Grand Canyon maybe!), etc, etc. After all, it's nearly 4 weeks, and there is NO work involved. We are planning on going to Cedar point and I'm SOOO excited about that. Have never been but have always wanted to go. We looked at the website the other day, and I must've sounded scared, because Wayne said "it sounds like you are about to shit yourself just looking at this picture!" And it's true..... I was terrified in looking at the picture, but at the same time I just can't wiat!
We will land in America on the 26th of July. EXACTLY one year from when I left to permanently move to Australia. We didn't plan it that way, but that's the way it will work. It's amazing how quickly time has flown. I really am excited to see my friends. I am so thankful for social networking and email...those are the methods that allow me to keep up with my friends and family. Very few people know of my blog, and I keep it that way so I can still have a place to vent without worry of who is reading it. So if you are hear, feel blessed..or cursed perhaps?? lol. My blog is like how Facebook was before ALL your friends, coworkers, and family joined.... freedom! haha.
I have now submitted my application for my NEXT visa (working visa). Hopefully that will all be finalized soon. It's so overwhelming sometimes, the whole visa process. And this isn't the last visa!! Sometime late this year or early next we will apply for a Partner visa. It's just a never ending redtape/paperwork trail. And to top it off, I still have to file taxes in America based on my Australian earnings! That's so jacked up. Some people actually pay DOUBLE taxes on stuff! Every day is a learning process to living in a new country, but at the end of the day, it's part of it. And hey, nothing worth having comes easy, right?
I also received some GREAT news at work recently.. that may result in MORE education... and more MONEY and OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!! I'm excited, but still too much to find out to fully post. So consider this a sneak peak!! LOL. Hey, my blog isnt' that exciting, so gotta keep ya'll coming back somehow!! LOL!! But, I will post more as soon as possible.. or for more info, shoot me an email! I try to keep some things vague on here, as you do......
Hope everyone is doing well.. and hope to see you soon!! If you are reading this and wanna get together when we are in the states...shoot me an email!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment