As I type this, it's now early Wed morning, nearly 1 a.m. My insomnia is slightly acting up again. Well, I don't know if it's ever FULLY resolved. It has improved. Once I GET to sleep, I can actually sleep pretty well unlike before. AND (touch wood) my nightmares have resolved. I don't mean startling dreams, I mean horrifying dreams that would cause me to wake myself up (and Wayne) screaming. I still have quite vivid and typically CRAZY dreams, but nothing terrifying like before. Once I'm asleep I actually can sleep 8, 10, 11, 12 hrs even. It's just actually GETTING to sleep. Tonight is the first time in ages I have actually gotten up out of bed to watch tv and surf the net in hopes of getting tired. On a side note; NFL is on! Sweet.
Anyways, Thanksgiving is *technically* tomorrow here! We are doing a big American style thanksgiving dinner here and starting a yearly tradition of it. The family all loved the idea and we have a little less than 20 people coming to our house. However, since it's not a holiday here, we are having the dinner on Friday night because a lot of people work and will have to work that day and the next day should we celebrate on a weekday. We considered the weekend, however we have a wedding to attend, so for at least this year, Thanksgiving Down Under is on a Friday.
As I type this, it's 70 Celsius and I can hear crickets chirping their hearts out. This so does not feel like Thanksgiving!! And to top it off, the temperature forecasted for Thursday is.......... 93 degrees F!!!! Sayyy.... WHAT??? Friday is not forecasted to be AS warm.. but still 79 degrees F. I don't think I've ever celebrated a warm Thanksgiving!
We did the BIG shopping yesterday. Discovered that cheez it crackers (my bread crumb topping of choice for broccoli casserole), cornmeal, and Velveeta cheese are NOT available for purchase. At all. Anywhere. Got the substitutes, and even fixed home made cornbread with dinner tonight. Was so nice to have a taste of the south!!! I had missed that taste and didn't realize until I took that first bite. Actually, as soon as I smelled it in the oven my mouth started watering.
The other "hiccup" I've discovered is the oven temperature settings. It's so natural to put something to 350F.... without having to convert it. I attempted today on my IPhone 4 S with Siri to do this math for me. Total. Epic. Failure.
Me: "Convert 400 Fahrenheit to Celsius"
Siri: "calling so-and-so's mobile number"
Me: *flipping out because it's an international number, AND 5am their time* "NO!!! STOP!!*
Siri: "I do not understand stop"
I'm convinced Siri is a man.
Along with my tom tom, who lately seems to get a touch of an attitude when I reroute on my way home. Dude, I appreciate the tips, but if I don't take them, an attitude is sooo not needed.
Yup, inventions by men. Sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment