I can't believe I am entering the THIRD trimester tomorrow (28 weeks). It still feels fast and slow at the exact same time. Pregnancy has continued to be a difficult task. But I guess growing a person 24 hrs a day isn't suppose to be a walk in the park? (Although "they" like to make it look like it's great! lol.) I've been having blood pressure problems since 24 weeks. It's interesting.. the bottom number is too high, but the top number is too low to treat as is my pulse. So, it's simply a matter of "Taking it easy" physically. People often think that means to simply avoid stress. If lowering blood pressure were that easy, then there wouldn't be hundreds of blood pressure medications available, and people would only have high blood pressure when they were doing stressful tasks! It's not like I'm choosing to have elevated blood pressure. Today I had a low stress morning at work but ended up at the hospital (for what ended up being a bad UTI). When I got there the blood pressure was up where it's been. After an hour of laying it was lower than it's been in WEEKS. The nurse said "it's just a matter of physical activity.... lay down and your blood pressure will come down". Finally, someone who isn't telling me to just relax and stress less. So now I'm on some antibiotics and sure hoping to resolve the pressure and Braxton Hicks problems I've been having! It certainly seems if it's not one thing it's another. So ready for August!!!! The baby movements are sooo much stronger and sometimes feels like it goes on for HOURS. Poking back is lots of fun. You can almost imagine the baby going "WTF are you doing.. I JUST got this place arranged how I want it!" It's also quite entertaining, if I lift up my shirt when laying down, baby won't move. If I cover my stomach (shirt or blanket) he or she will instantly start moving. So I often joke it's a very modest little girl who likes her privacy. Today at the hospital I was on the monitors (that monitor heart rate and contractions) for about 90 minutes. He or she did NOT like. Threw a total fit nearly the entire time. Never gave up. Feisty little booger! The nurse laughed and said "oh, someone doesn't like the monitor at ALL!!" Nope, not one bit. I really think we are gonna have our hands full with a little person FULL of personality!! No clue where he/she will get that from..... lol. So now I've started the antibiotics and PRAYING for a night of sleep tonight. I know once baby comes sleep will be a thing of the past... but I was really hoping to have sleep over the next 12 weeks! At least more than 20 minutes at a time....... Is that too much to ask for?? lol
We have the crib/cot assembled, the nursery has been painted, and all that's left to assemble is the diaper change table. And then to figure out how to arrange the room! It's slowly coming together and there are times I walk past, see the crib and think "HOLY SHIT!" So yeah, shit is getting real. No theme decided yet, and the selection for bedding in Perth (and Australia it seems) is so lacking! Each baby store has like 4 choices. I prefer to buy in person to be able to see it, but that's not proving to be an option. Online shopping it may very well be!
We've had a roller coaster of a ride with my dad. As you may recall he had oral cancer back in November. Anyways, a few weeks ago he had a lump come up quite quickly. Had a biopsy and it showed the cancer has returned. Went in for surgery and they came out saying it looked great and seemed confined, etc. So, breath a huge sigh of relief... until the pathology came back and showed it had spread to one of the 3 lymph nodes that were biopsied. Through the entire thing (both this time and last time) his positive outlook has totally amazed me. He hasn't seemed bothered by cancer, just bothered that he has to actually take a time out to have surgery. But hey, that's my dad.. lol. Anyways, they met with the specialists again yesterday and starting on the 16th of June he starts seven weeks of Chemo and Radiation. Chemo is once a week and Radiation is daily. They did a pet scan and it doesn't appear that the cancer has spread anywhere, despite being in the lymph node, so the goal is for the chemo and radiation to wipe any cancer cells out. Prognosis at this stage seems to be very good, so we are thankful to God for that!! He's a tough bird, and having such a positive outlook really is helpful. It's been difficult being so far away with all of this. Especially knowing that this far along and with my blood pressure issues the chances of me being able to fly international is really quite slim (basically not possible), and not knowing for a few weeks what exactly was going on. We seemed to be doing a lot of waiting for more news and waiting for specialists reviews, and waiting for PET scans... but, seems like so far the best possible outcome, considering, is what we have.
We are now in Winter. It still feels strange to be in June and freezing. But, I'm slowly adjusting to these southern hemisphere season... But what that means we are in the season that the baby will be born... yup..shit is getting real.
That's all for now folks.. until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment