Friday, January 20, 2012

New Job!!!

Sooooo........... last week I had a job interview for a practice nurse (dr's office) AND, got the job.  I didn't think I would even get a call back because the questions weren't intense...very vague.  The only thing that left me feeling good was them asking if I could start on the following Monday.  So I left positive, but questionable in the back of my mind.

Then...they rang.  And................. I started... on Monday!!

On my first day, I broke to them the news of Wayne's surgery and my parent's visit (aka...3 weeks OFF work in FEB... and, it's January 16th!!!!!).  They were fine with it.  Apparently for my experience they are willing to lose me for 3 weeks and hire an agency nurse.  From the sounds of it, I could have said I wanted to fly to space for a few weeks, and they would go with it.  WOW!  I'm sooo not use to this!!  So I've been training, and it's been going GREAT.  The programs are sooo user friendly. And since I type 60 words per minute, computers and me get along sooo much better than pen and paper!!

Anyways!!!

I will have my own desk as of Monday, and I get to wear nice professional clothes..and the job is so far from stressful, that I'm not sure what word even describes how stress free it is compared to my previous jobs!!!!  YET.. it's the highest paying job I've ever had.  It even pays better than the hospitals around here....for half the work!!  Granted, next week once I start it will become a little more stressful, I anticipate.  I have a lot of things I am responsible for, and it appears some of those things haven't been in place or not been properly used for about 3 yrs.  SOOoooooooooooo... may have a few months of stressful catching the practice up.  Basically, I am the ONLY nurse and in charge of all the nursing aspects.  There is someone who will work part time 2 mornings a week and every other Saturday (otherwise I would go into over time).  However, I call all the shots.  Would be lying if I said a part of me doesn't love that!  Oh...and did I mention official management opportunities are in place??  The greatest part of this job is even though it's later evenings (finish at 6) I will be breaking out of the no life nursing schedule and have a NORMAL home life... weekends, holidays, and nights.. OFF.  At home.  Wow.. a "normal" life and schedule?? LOVE IT!!  Thank you!!!!

I went on Wednesday into immigration to discuss my options.  One option I thought I had... I don't.  It was a pricey option, but still a doable option.  Nope.  I have only one option and that is to become sponsored.  I will find out next week or  the week after of my sponsoring options with this job.  The managers and doctors are very impressed with me and totally cheering me on.  (Apparently I've really impressed a very hard to please Dr...so I'm hoping that will work out in my favor!)  I just really hope that this job will sponsor me, because so far I just love it and the people!  My new manager has never worked in management before so she isn't like most management.  She is very nice, easy going, laid back, and when you are in the office, you can totally sense that environment.  Granted, it's a small office, me, her, and max 2 or 3 other employees... but it's just not a tense environment.  I'm very thankful and really have a good feeling that this is *THE* job.. the job I will spend years at (I can go part time after kids even!), the job that will sponsor me, etc, etc. 

Fingers crossed!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

A huge thanks to Wayne, my family, his family, and our friends as I have gone through a very tough and trying 6 months career wise here in Australia.  I've had some crappy jobs, dodgy job interviews, and have had to vent more in the last 6 months that I remember doing in ages.  I may not say it enough after each bitching session, but thank you for your ears, love, and support.  It means the world.

Will continue to update as the job progresses!  This weekend is a busy one.  Sat morning I babysit the girls, sat night dinner with some friends, Sunday at the children's hosptal as an agency nurse, then back at it on Monday to the new job.  Thank GOD Thursday is a holiday (Australia Day) and as much as I toyed with the thought of working with the agency that day, I'm taking the day OFF!

Love, Peace, and hair grease.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment